Visible Imaging System (VIS)
- Ask-The-Scientist.Auroras LIVE
Tonight (1 March 1997)
Dr. John B. Sigwarth contributed to a CU-SeeMe video
conference with other live participants from Scandanavia, GSFC and the
UAF Geophysical Institute. The conference was presented at the Houston
Museum of Natural History Planetarium. The conference was hosted by
Dr. Patrica Reiff.
- A CD-R disc of VIS Movies was produced for use by local schools with
such events as Coronal Mass Ejections, the Comet Hale-Bopp, Active
Auroral Arcs, and Total Solar Eclipse Shadows.
- Do Northern Lights shine more in fall?
Interview with Drs. Sigwarth and Fox about viewing recent Auroral Displays visible from ground level.
- Return to the Polar/VIS Home
- U of I Physics & Astronomy Department
- The University of Iowa
Last Modified: Thursday, 05-Oct-2023 at 10:47:03 PM